Monday 21 December 2009

Disaster!!!

Well the recession really got a grip of the Pub game in the last half of this year, everything is down, including our spirits.

We're now putting in treble the hours we were at the start of the year, in an effort to stave off absolute financial collapse we have had to let all but the bar manager go, strange how these things creep up on you, August was fine then October took a nose dive, November and December have been grim months.

Anyway, we still intend to put our home on the market in the new year, probably in the spring and if there are no further hurdles, buy a place near FDV.

I love this country, but I hate where our Government is taking us and the cold, wet weather leaves a lot to be desired, especially when you've had as many broken bones as I've had!

I can't remember the last time I rode my bike, its either raining or I'm working.

Had our first snow of the winter this week, all cleared now but there are those who still hope for a white Christmas, I'm not one of them.

My Jacqui's been a rock, she works silly hours and never complains, she can still see light at the end of the tunnel and thinks its a price worth paying, think I'd have turned to bank robbery by now if it was not for her.

Looking forward to having all my family at home on the 25th and to the end of what has become an "Annus horribilis"...as Liz would say.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year To You All

No comments:

Post a Comment